The 2017 APM Winter Meeting, the association’s premier membership gathering, held on March 19-21 at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel in Baltimore, MD. This meeting was designed to provide opportunities for leaders of academic departments of medicine to share ideas and opinions about the issues most relevant to them.
The meeting consisted of two separate sessions:
- 2017 APM New Chairs and Emerging Leaders Program (March 19)
- 2017 APM Winter Meeting (March 20-21)
The meeting addressed a variety of topics, including diversity and unconscious bias, new payment systems, service lines, and a debate on open journal access. Key speakers include:
- Paul Rothman, MD, Dean and CEO, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Robert Saunders, PhD, Research Director, Payment and Delivery Reform, Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy
- Richard Lifton, MD, President, Rockefeller University
The meeting also featured priceless opportunities to network, share information, and collaborate with other leaders in academic internal medicine.