Alliance Ambassadors serve as a friendly face and voice to help highlight the Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (AAIM) membership, events, and activities at their institutions.
With the help of AAIM staff and other members in their department, Ambassadors will:
- serve as a champion for AAIM within their institutions,
- be provided with resources that will help to ensure updates are made to their institution’s membership roster and help welcome new members from their institutions,
- be equipped with tools that will help them reach out to their colleagues, get them engaged, and keep them informed.
If you are energetic and have a combined passion for academic internal medicine and AAIM, then volunteer to be an Alliance Ambassador.
To serve as an Alliance Ambassador, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current member of AIM, APDIM, APM, ASP, CDIM, or MPPDA
- Serve a two-year term from time of enrollment (consecutive terms permitted)
- Attend virtual orientation training/view online orientation training
- Dedicate at least one hour a month to review your institution’s membership roster and email roster updates to email@example.com
- Distribute monthly News & Updates email to current members
- Familiarize yourself with AAIM’s events, activities, and offerings and share with current members
- Participate in an annual survey
As an Alliance Ambassador, you will be recognized for your commitment as an AAIM champion for your institution. Ambassadors will be:
- highlighted on the Alliance website,
- recognized at conferences and meetings with a special ribbon,
- presented with a special gift at Academic Internal Medicine Week,
- provided access to a dedicated online community to connect with other ambassadors to share tips and best practices.
Your department leader will also be made aware of your volunteer participation as an Alliance Ambassador, which helps keep useful resources at the fingertips of your department’s faculty and staff.
To volunteer to be an Alliance Ambassador, please complete the online registration form below.
If you have questions about the Alliance Ambassador Program, please email AAIM Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (703) 341-4540.