Even Better Together.
Our strength in numbers has impact and influence on legislative decision makers and partnering organizations.
AAIM Research Committee
The AAIM Research Committee determines critical areas that affect research within the undergraduate and graduate medical education fields. The committee meets its directive through the fulfillment of the following goals:
- Advocate and promote opportunities for medical education research.
- Focus on ways to increase public and private support for basic, clinical, and health services research.
- Create practical materials and tools to promote research in department of internal medicine, as well as research careers.
Current AAIM Research Committee Projects (as of June 2018):
- Innovation Grants Program: The Innovation Grants subcommittee selected nine recipients for the 2018 cycle. An Innovation Grants Program online community for FY18 recipients and their colleagues will be developed. Learn more about the Innovation Grants program
- Medical Education Research Subcommittee: During Academic Internal Medicine Week 2018, subcommittee members surveyed poster presenters to determine what challenges they face as they transition from poster to publication. Out of the 68 presenters surveyed, 56 related their intent to publish. These respondents indicated that their top three needs are assistance with journal selection, statistical analysis, and prioritizing writing and maintaining timeline.
- Physician-Scientist Post Graduate Training Subcommittee: The subcommittee is in the preliminary planning stages of developing its 2019 Research Pathways Directors Workshop, which will take place in conjunction to Academic Internal Medicine Week 2019. An online community for Physician-Scientist Training Program Directors was established. Physician-scientists, residents in research (RiR), and their colleagues can now network and discuss topics pertinent to their field. Please contact the AAIM office at (703) 341-4540 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Resident Research Subcommittee: The subcommittee surveyed a selection of high-functioning research programs based on the Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research Report, which ranks Departments of Medicine in order of research funding. The group is in the preliminary stages of drafting a manuscript on best practices in resident research programs.
For more information about serving on an AAIM committee, please contact the AAIM office at (703) 341-4540 or email@example.com.
Chair: Robert A. Salata, MD
Vice Chair: Mone Zaidi, MD, PhD, MACP
Olujimi Ajijola, MD, PhD
Irene Alexandraki, MD, MPH
Mark E. Anderson, MD, PhD (APM liaison)
Thurayya Arayssi, MD
Rebecca Baron, MD
Melvin Blanchard, MD (APDIM liaison)
Fred R. Buckhold, MD
Jan Busby-Whitehead, MD
Chayan Chakraborti, MD
Katherine Chretein, MD (CDIM liaison)
Carol A. Cottrell (AIM liaison)
Briar L. Duffy, MD
Nacide Ercan-Fang, MD
Carlos A. Estrada, MD
Jeffrey LaRochelle, MD
Diane L. Levine, MD
Michael P. Madaio, MD
Mai A. Mahmoud, MD
Diana B. McNeill, MD
Chad S. Miller, MD
Amulya Nagarur, MD
Keith L. Obstein, MD, MPH, FASGE (ASP Liaison)
Nora Y. Osman, MD
Michael S. Parmacek, MD
Ashish V. Rana, MD
Ali Rizvi, MD
Don C. Rockey, MD
Ankur Segon, MD
Winston Tan, MD
Kimberly Tartaglia, MD
Robert F. Todd, III, MD, PhD
Connie N. Watson, MD
Laura Rees Willett, MD
Christopher S. Williams, MD, PhD
Andrew C. Yacht, MD
Amy B. Zelenski, PhD