AAIM is pleased to launch the call for committee volunteers for FY 2024 committees. All current members who meet the criteria and can meet the expectations are welcome to volunteer to serve; members generally may not serve in more than one council or committee capacity in any given year.
The Alliance seeks volunteers that represent the broad diversity of its membership, in terms of individual sex, race, gender identity, ethnicity, and sexual orientation as well as institution size, type, patient population, and location. Read AAIM's diversity, equity, and inclusion statement.
All applications to volunteer must be submitted online by Wednesday, April 19, at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
All applicants are required to be current members in good standing (i.e., your institution’s FY 2023 dues have been paid and will be paid in FY 2024). Applicants are encouraged but not required to:
- Have maintained membership for at least three years.
- Have registered for at least two Alliance or association meetings (in person or virtual) in the last four years.
- Respond promptly to requests for information and status emails; selected volunteers who do not respond to confirmation emails will lose their opportunity.
- Understand that the Alliance is committed to providing more members more opportunities to serve. As a result, members may generally hold only one elected or appointed role per year; current council members are not permitted to serve on committees; committee members may only serve one three-year term (except survey committees, which permit one term renewal).
- Complete the application form—which asks three questions about interest and experience—no later than Wednesday, April 19. Uploading a CV or resume is optional.
Individuals selected for committees are expected to:
- Be able to serve a three-year term
- Abide by “Roles, Responsibilities, and Expectations for AAIM Volunteer Leaders”
- Attend monthly conference calls
- Actively participate in discussions, including contributing ideas and volunteering to conduct the proposed work
- Be willing to contact subject matter experts within and beyond their personal networks to assist the committee or the Alliance
- Understand that the Alliance name and logo may not be applied to papers, statements, recommendations, presentations, guidance, online materials, or other resources for members without explicit permission from AAIM
- Understand the decisions and plans of the committee are subject to Alliance policies as well as approval and resourcing by the AAIM Board of Directors.
Committee members are encouraged to register for and participate in Alliance in-person and virtual conferences. No reimbursement for registration, housing, or travel is provided for committee members.