Even Better Together.
Our strength in numbers has impact and influence on legislative decision makers and partnering organizations.
News and Initiatives
Find the latest news and AAIM initiatives that impact academic internal medicine.
- AHA Releases Improved VGMET Form
- APDIM Fall Meeting Registration is Now Open
- AAIM Releases Guidelines for Residency Interview Scheduling
- Congratulations to the New FY 2019 Alliance Councilors and Officers
- AAIM Prepares to Comment on IM2035 Themes and Implications for Specialty Requirements
- New: 25th Edition of A Textbook for Today's Chief Medical Resident
- AAIM Internal Medicine Subinternship Curriculum Revised
- FAQs About the ACGME Resident Survey for Program Directors
Alliance Invited to Comment on ABIM Procedural Competency Requirements
July 2018— The ABIM Internal Medicine Board recently invited AAIM to provide its feedback about procedural competency as a complement to ACGME's upcoming efforts to update the training requirements for accredited residency programs; ABIM sets duration of training and procedural requirements for internal medicine certification.
The Alliance is in the process of constituting a work group to address ABIM's queries about universal requirements, the "framing" for competency assessment, and how ABIM communicates about requirements to provide a response by the deadline of September 6.
AAIM Connection— A Weekly Newsletter
AAIM Connection brings the latest industry news and updates on Alliance initiatives to AAIM’s more than 10,000 leaders, faculty, staff, and learners. To suggest an item for AAIM Connection, please send a 100-word announcement to email@example.com.
This Week in AAIM Connection
- Alliance Invited to Comment on ABIM Procedural Competency Requirements
- Improved VGMET Form Streamlines Verification
AAIM committees continue to work on critical issues that affect the organization and profession. AAIM and each membership organization maintain actively involved committees, task forces, and work groups committed to core focus areas of AAIM.Learn More