Even Better Together.
Our strength in numbers has impact and influence on legislative decision makers and partnering organizations.
News and Initiatives
Find the latest news and AAIM initiatives that impact academic internal medicine
- Dates Announced for Academic Internal Medicine Week 2018
- AAIM Endorses New Standards for Program Director Letter of Recommendation for Fellowship Applicants
- Call for Nominations for the 2018 Alliance Awards Program Now Open
- AAIM Health Policy Committee Blog: How to Write an Editorial...And End Up on National TV (requires log in)
- Interested in Being an AAIM Ambassador?
- Congratulations to the Newly Elected Leaders for FY 2018
- AAIM Reviewing New Executive Order on Immigration
- Alliance Offers Guidance on Completing the Verification of Graduate Medical Education Training Form
- AAIM Develops Resources to Improve Function and Processes of CCCs
- AAIM Launches Application Inflation Resource
- Introducing the CCC Faculty Development Toolkit
AAIM Endorses Uniform Letters of Recommendations for Fellowship
AAIM has endorsed new standards for program director letters of recommendation (LOR) for fellowship applicants. These guidelines seek to improve reliability and efficiency through standardization, while continuing to allow advocacy and discussion of applicant characteristics. Developed by the APDIM Council, the ASP Council, and the AAIM Resident to Fellow Interface Committee, they reflect efforts to overcome challenges of the current LOR variation in terminology, length, interpretation, and meaningful comparison. The guidelines were published in the May AAIM Perspectives in The American Journal of Medicine.
AAIM Publishes Service v. Education Consensus Statement
ACGME resident survey items about service versus education are ambiguous and the concept of service v. education creates a false dichotomy. The Alliance believes that service is part of practicing medicine and that deliberate practice in provision of patient care is crucial to active learning. However, excessive reliance on residents for nonphysician activities may detract from education. To help guide future discussion, the AAIM Education Committee developed this consensus statement characterizing “service” and “education.”
AAIM Connection— A Weekly Newsletter
AAIM Connection brings the latest industry news and updates on Alliance initiatives to AAIM’s more than 10,000 leaders, faculty, staff, and learners. To suggest an item for AAIM Connection, please send a 100-word announcement to email@example.com.
This Week in AAIM Connection
Help Identify Tools, Improve Diagnostic Performance
Skills Development Conference Poster Submissions Close Friday
2018 AAIM Awards Nominations
Academic Internal Medicine Week Dates Announced
AAIM committees continue to work on critical issues that affect the organization and profession. AAIM and each membership organization maintain actively involved committees, task forces, and work groups committed to core focus areas of AAIM.Learn More