In This Section
The New Academic Internal Medicine Week: Coming in 2017
March 19-22, 2017
Baltimore Convention Center
Academic Internal Medicine Week moves to the spring in 2017! The meeting will be expanded to include the APM Winter Meeting and the APDIM Chief Residents Meeting to become the premier conference for faculty and staff in departments of internal medicine at medical schools and teaching hospitals.
Why combine Academic Internal Medicine Week, APM Winter Meeting, and APDIM Spring Conference?
The new Academic Internal Medicine Week format and timing ensure each organization’s unique educational and networking needs are met while providing an opportunity to learn together and from each other for a portion of the meeting.
What are the benefits of the new consolidated Academic Internal Medicine Week?
- Each organization will have one-half day of combined education with one or more additional organizations
- The opening plenary session will be a joint plenary for all organizations
- Each organization will have one and one-half or two days of education and networking opportunities offered specifically to meet their individual needs
- Precourses and the APM New Chairs and Emerging Leaders Program will be offered the day prior to the start of the organization meetings (as they are currently)
- Chief Residents will meet for two days (one overlapping with the first day of the organization meetings)
Why move the new consolidated Academic Internal Medicine Week to the spring?
For the consolidated meeting to meet the needs of individual member organizations, the schedule accounted for the large number of national internal medicine subspecialty professional meetings, many of which occur in fall, as well as the predominant season for departmental budget planning. Likewise, the fall subspecialty fellowship interview and match process and the residency application and interview process presented scheduling challenges for a truly consolidated meeting.
Watch your inbox--more information about the format, content, and dates in 2017 is coming soon!