AAIM Executive Leadership Program
Since 2002, the AAIM Executive Leadership Program has provided approximately 500 individuals from nearly 150 departments of internal medicine the skills and knowledge necessary for managerial success. The program consistently receives near perfect evaluations from participants.
Why Should You Attend AAIM Executive Leadership Program?
- Learn from excellent faculty recognized for their teaching skills and ability to relate to the concerns of academic physicians.
- Participate in the only executive education course developed specifically for faculty and staff in departments of internal medicine.
- Network with leaders of other departments of internal medicine.
- Develop knowledge and skills that have immediate applicability.
- Build leadership and management skills among leaders and key decision-makers within departments of internal medicine.
- Join physicians and administrators from various organizations to discuss management-related problems and develop solutions using a case-based format.
"This program was very impactful. As vice chair for education, it provided me with greater understanding of the finances and business side of academic medical centers. This program also developed my leadership skills, and I am better able to negotiate for educational resources. I am grateful I had the opportunity to attend."
Lisa L. Willett, MD
University of Alabama School of Medicine
“What a great experience. The faculty were uniformly a very bright and engaging group. The topics discussed are pertinent to my roles as a program director and leader within the Department of Medicine. There was a significant amount of work, but it’s well worth it. The knowledge and skills I acquired from the readings, the speakers, and most importantly from my fellow participants was invaluable.”
Brian M. Aboff, MD
Residency Program Director, Department of Medicine
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University/Christiana Care Health Services