In This Section
Academic Internal Medicine Week 2018 Poster Abstract Guidelines
Tips for a Successful Poster Abstract
- Keep poster abstract titles brief and to the point.
- Use title case for poster abstract titles (ex. A Novel Curriculum for Systems-Based Practice); do not use all capital letters.
- Poster abstracts that present clinical studies or clinical research out of the context of student, resident, or fellowship education or programmatic innovation will not be reviewed.
- Poster abstract descriptions should be no longer than 350 words. While poster abstracts will not be stringently judged on length, poster abstracts far in excess of 350 words will not be reviewed.
- List the first and last name of ALL authors. If including first or middle initials, do not insert periods after initials (e.g. Steven M Humphrey).
- List institutional affiliations for ALL authors.
- List email addresses for ALL authors.
- Single space all text in the body of the poster abstract.
- Check and re-check all spelling, punctuation, and data for accuracy. Although accepted authors will have the opportunity to edit their poster abstracts, if they do not have any changes, AAIM will publish the poster abstracts as they are received.
- Beware of formatting in the body of the poster abstract. Formatted text (bold and italics) or special characters may not transmit properly.
- Do not include graphic aids such as charts, tables, or graphs as these may affect the format of the poster abstract submission.
For more information, see the Academic Internal Medicine Week 2018 Call for Poster Abstracts.
The deadline to submit a proposal is Friday, November 3, 2017.