Even Better Together.
Our strength in numbers has impact and influence on legislative decision makers and partnering organizations.
AAIM Research Committee
The AAIM Research Committee is charged to advocate and promote opportunities for medical education research; focus on ways to increase public and private support for basic, clinical, and health services research; and create practical materials and tools to promote research in departments of internal medicine as well as research careers.
Current AAIM Research Committee projects as of September 2017:
- Draft manuscript: ABIM Research Pathway programs shared organizational “best practices” that best promote the future success of pathway program graduates as physician-scientists. The group is developing recommendations for a white paper.
- “U.S. Physician-Scientist Workforce in the 21st Century” paper in pre-print: Accepted to Academic Medicine; available online late 2017.
- Best practices in resident-driven research: submitted a manuscript on resident research resources and practices to American Journal of Medicine. A paper is being drafted from the extensive interview data from 15 program directors, for best practices and innovative approaches to overcome barriers in training programs. The subcommittee plans to develop the findings into a workshop for AAIM Week 2018.
- Innovations Grants Program: Chaired by Amy Zelenski, MD, the Innovations Subcommittee has moved under the purview of the AAIM Research Committee. Letters of intent and applications for project coaches for the FY2018 Grants will be accepted beginning September 2017.
- Strategic Planning Subcommittee initiatives: (Beginning FY 2018) The Strategic Planning subcommittee is 1) evaluating research related to Big Data and Population Health as new areas of focus; and 2) seeking approval to conduct an overarching survey of research portfolios and activities within departments of medicine, from medical students to residents to fellows to faculty.
- Medical Education Research Support: Briar Duffy, MD, has been recently identified as the new chair of the Medical Education Research subcommittee.
For more information about serving on an AAIM committee, please contact the AAIM office at (703) 341-4540 or email@example.com.
Chair: Robert A. Salata, MD
Vice Chair: Katherine Chretien, MD
Mark E. Anderson, MD, PhD (APM liaison)
Thurayya Arayssi, MD
Melvin Blanchard, MD (APDIM liaison)
Jan Busby-Whitehead, MD
Chayan Chakraborti, MD
Carol A. Cottrell (AIM liaison)
Briar L. Duffy, MD
Nacide Ercan-Fang, MD
Carlos A. Estrada, MD
Diane L. Levine, MD
Michael P. Madaio, MD
Mai A. Mahmoud, MD
Michael S. Parmacek, MD
Ali R. Rahimi, MD
Ashish V. Rana, MD
Ali Rizvi, MD
Don C. Rockey, MD
Ankur Segon, MD
Winston Tan, MD
Kimberly Tartaglia, MD
Robert F. Todd, III, MD, PhD
Laura Rees Willett, MD
Theodore Wun, MD (ASP liaison)
Mone Zaidi, MD, PhD