Even Better Together.
Our strength in numbers has impact and influence on legislative decision makers and partnering organizations.
AAIM Education Committee
The AAIM Education Committee is charged to discuss and manage issues related to the accreditation of residency and fellowship training, standards for medical student education, milestones and enstrustable professional activities in UME and GME, develop programs and resources for members to manage these issues, and consider alternative approaches to training. Works in collaboration with the Innovation Center and the AAIM Research Committee to recommends studies that can be performed to address key educational issues.
Current AAIM Education Committee projects (as of September, 2017):
- Faculty development online resource— will post a call to AAIM members for submissions to an online AAIM faculty development resource.
- Ambulatory faculty retention and recruitment survey— disseminated survey to identify key barriers and strategies in securing ambulatory educators. Results will be developed into a perspective piece and an abstract will be submitted for Academic Internal Medicine Week 2018.
- Milestones use beyond assessment—soliciting best practices for introducing the milestones in teaching and utilizing them to inform and guide learner growth and development.
- Internal Medicine Education Advisory Board (IMEAB)—met in June to discuss emerging issues and updates within each organization. Collaborations around physician wellness, EHR use, learner transitions, and ACGME Milestones were discussed
- Addressing cultural humility—revisions continue for a draft position paper addressing cultural humility gaps in UME and GME curricula. A workshop was submitted for Academic Internal Medicine Week 2018.
- New- Hand-Overs Work Group —charged to define hand-over transitions that occur among residents and fellows, evaluate standard practices in hand-overs; and recommend best practices for these transitions of care.
For more information about serving on an AAIM committee, please contact the AAIM office at (703) 341-4540 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chair: Heather S. Laird-Fick, MD
Vice Chair: John P. Moriarty, MD
Abdo Asmar, MD
Timothy J. Barreiro, DO
Seth M. Berney, MD
John H. Choe, MD
Frances A. Collichio, MD (ASP liaison)
Andrew N. Dentino, MD
Aashish K. Didwania, MD
John Donnelly, MD
Robert D. Ficalora, MD
Janice Gilden, MD
Saba A. Hasan, MD
Margaret C. Lo, MD
Theresa L. Marcus
Isitri Modak, MD
Smruti Mohanty, MD
Amit K. Pahwa, MD
Alaka Ray, MD
Ateeq U. Rehman, MD
Amy Shaheen, MD (CDIM liaison)
Bipin Thapa, MD
Jonathan L. Tolentino, MD
Steve Vinciguerra (AIM liaison)
Katherine Walsh, MD
Richard M. Wardrop, MD