Academic Internal Medicine Week 2018 Call for Workshops
Academic Internal Medicine Week 2018
March 18–21, 2018
Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center
San Antonio, TX
Workshop submitters will be notified of the results of the selection process in October.
The Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (AAIM) invites you to submit a workshop proposal for Academic Internal Medicine Week 2018, which will take place March 18–21, 2018, at the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, in San Antonio, TX.
Submit a workshop for:
- 2018 APDIM Spring Meeting
- 2018 APDIM Chief Residents Meeting
- 2018 APDIM Program Administrators Meeting
- 2018 CDIM National Meeting
- 38th AIM Educational Conference
- 2018 ASP Annual Meeting
- 2018 Medicine-Pediatrics Program Directors Meeting
Academic Internal Medicine Week 2018 will include a variety of medical education professionals across a wide array of experience and responsibility, including: chairs and vice chairs, division chiefs, residency and fellowship program directors, associate program directors, clerkship directors, site directors, graduate and undergraduate administrators, division and department administrators, core faculty, and more. All workshops will be open to participants from across AAIM who register for any of the meetings listed above.
AAIM encourages multi-site, collaborative workshop proposals that provide community-based and university-based program perspectives.
The deadline to submit workshop and seminar proposals is 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday, August 18, 2017. Members from the program planning committees from all founding members of AAIM are responsible for reviewing workshop proposals and reserves the right to refuse any proposal without cause. AAIM staff will notify proposal submitters of the status of their review in October.
- AAIM does not waive registration fees or reimburse expenses for workshop presenters.
- Each workshop may have no more than four presenters.
- Workshop presenters may not have their name on more than two proposals.
- The submitting presenter is responsible for ensuring that the names and contact information of the correct presenters are provided to the AAIM office in a timely fashion.
- AAIM does not provide computers or Internet access for workshop presentations. If your workshop requires Internet access, AAIM will order access on your behalf and invoice you for the cost after the meeting.
- AAIM must approve any additional equipment brought in for educational or presentation purposes prior to arrival onsite; workshop presenters will be responsible for any extra costs incurred in shipping, storing, securing, setting up, or using such equipment.
- All workshop rooms will only be set in theater style for the maximum number of people allowed. Different room sets will not be available.
- A change in presenters may cause an accepted workshop to be withdrawn from the agenda and resubmitted for review.
- All presenters must submit a disclosure of conflict of interest statement for the purposes of continuing medical education accreditation. Presenters who do not submit the statement before the meeting will be removed from the agenda, prohibited from speaking, and will not be acknowledged as AAIM speakers.
Please contact the AAIM office at (703) 341-4540 or
firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.