The Alliance empowers academic internal medicine professionals and enhances health care through professional development, research, and advocacy.
FY 2019 Call for Council Nominations--Deadline Extended to October 31!
AAIM is pleased to launch the call for nominations for open positions on councils for the member organization and constituent councils in FY 2019. All current members are welcome to submit nominations or to nominate themselves for open positions. To submit a nomination, please prepare a letter of support or letter of interest, provide a CV or resume, and complete the online application. The letter and CV/resume should be in Word or PDF format for upload via the nomination form.
AAIM seeks candidates that represent the broad diversity of its membership, in terms of individual sex, race, ethnicity, and sexual orientation as well as institution size, type, patient population, and location. Read AAIM's diversity statement.
All nominations must be submitted online by 12:00 p.m. EDT Tuesday, October 31.
Nominees are required to:
- Be current members in good standing (i.e., dues have been paid for FY 2018 membership)
- Have maintained membership for at least three years
- Have attended at least two Alliance or association meetings in the last four years
- Respond promptly to requests for information or election materials; nominees who do not respond promptly may be removed from ballot consideration
- Nominees for the APDIM, APM, ASP, and CDIM Councils and MPPDA President-Elect must be physician members
- Officer nominees (president-elect and treasurer) must have served on the council in the past five years
Call for nominations opens
- Be able to serve a three-year term, beginning July 1, 2018
- Abide by “Roles, Responsibilities, and Expectations for AAIM Volunteer Leaders”
- Register for and attend both Alliance annual conferences
- Attend in-person council meeting held in conjunction with the Alliance Skills and Leadership Conference (Wednesday prior to conference; travel and one night housing reimbursed)
- Attend in-person council meeting held in conjunction with Academic Internal Medicine Week (Saturday prior to conference; one night housing reimbursed)
- Actively participate in quarterly conference calls
- Serve as liaisons to Alliance committees
- Advocate for the Alliance, including representing AAIM opinions to other organizations, request payment of dues from nonpaying members, and encourage members to register for conferences.
- Understand the decisions and plans of the council are subject to approval and resourcing by the AAIM Board of Directors
Council officers (president, president-elect, past president, and treasurer) are expected to also serve on the AAIM Board of Directors or the AAIM Finance and Audit Committee, which have separate meetings and conference call schedules; board members may also be appointed to serve on Alliance committees.
AIM Councilor (two positions)
APDIM Councilor (three positions)
APM Councilor (two positions)
ASP Councilor (one position)
CDIM Councilor (three positions)
APDIM PAAC Chair-Elect
APDIM PAAC Councilor (two positions)
CDIM CAAC Chair-Elect
CDIM CAAC Councilor (two positions)
All positions, except MPPDA President-Elect (four year term), are three-year terms and will begin July 1, 2018, and end June 30, 2021.
For questions about nominations, please contact the AAIM office at email@example.com or (703) 341-4540.