Even Better Together.
The unique composition of our members provides an unparalleled perspective of academic internal medicine through Alliance publications.
AAIM is the official sponsor of The American Journal of Medicine. Each issue includes AAIM Perspectives, articles that provide interesting perspectives on medical education, policy initiatives, and other issues of interest to physicians and staff in academic internal medicine.
To submit an article for publication in AAIM Perspectives, please visit the AJM Information for Authors site. Please note that the review process takes six to eight weeks; publication is generally four to six months after notice of acceptance.
- March (A Roadmap for Research on Resident Well-Being)
- February (Challenges of Assessing Therapeutic or Diagnostic Outcomes with Observational Data)
- January (X + Y Scheduling Models in Internal Medicine Residency Programs: A National Survey of Program Directors' Perspectives)
- December (Resident Research Experiences in Internal Medicine Residency Programs--A Nationwide Survey)
- November (SOAP to SOAP-V: A New Paradigm for Teaching Students High Value Care)
- September (Ideal Worker and Academic Professional Identity: Perspectives from a Career Flexibility Educational Intervention)
- October (Resident-Led Handoffs Training for Interns: Online Versus Live Instruction with Subsequent Skills Assessment)
- July (The Intention-to-Treat Analysis Is Not Always the Conservative Approach)
- August (Death and Dignity: Exploring Physicians' Responsibilities After a Patient's Death)
- June (Using Continuous Quality-Improvement Techniques to Evaluate and Enhance an Internal Medicine Residency Program’s Assessment System)
- May (Guidelines for a Standardized Fellowship Letter of Recommendation)
- April (Determinants of Faculty Departure in an Academic Medical Center: A Time to Event Analysis)
- March (Lectures for Adult Learners: Breaking Old Habits in Graduate Medical Education)
- February (Balancing Service and Education: An AAIM Consensus Statement)
This Month in AAIM Perspectives
A Roadmap for Research on Resident Well-Being by Mariah A. Quinn, MD, MPH, Hasan Bazari, MD, Jonathan Ripp, MD, MPH, Lauren Block, MD, MPH, Katherine C. Chretien, MD, Ethan D. Fried, MD, MS, Richard E. Leiter, MD, MA, Amber T. Pincavage, MD, Brielle Spataro, MD, MS, Mickey Trockel, MD, PhD, and Colin P. West, MD, PhD