Even Better Together.
The unique composition of our members provides an unparalleled perspective of academic internal medicine through Alliance publications.
AAIM is the official sponsor of The American Journal of Medicine. Each issue includes AAIM Perspectives, articles that provide interesting perspectives on medical education, policy initiatives, and other issues of interest to physicians and staff in academic internal medicine.
To submit an article for publication in AAIM Perspectives, please visit the AJM Information for Authors site. Please note that the review process takes six to eight weeks; publication is generally four to six months after notice of acceptance.
2017 AAIM Perspectives Archive
- January (The Challenges of Teaching Ambulatory Internal Medicine: Faculty Recruitment, Retention, and Development—An AAIM/SGIM Position Paper)
- February (Balancing Service and Education: An AAIM Consensus Statement)
- March (Lectures for Adult Learners: Breaking Old Habits in Graduate Medical Education)
2016 AAIM Perspectives Archive
- January (Graduate Medical Education and Limited English Proficiency)
- February (ECG as an Entrustable Professional Activity: CDIM Survey Results, ECG Teaching and Assessment in the Third Year)
- March (Inpatient Housestaff Discontinuity of Care and Patient Adverse Events)
- April (Resident Case Review at the Departmental Level: A Win-Win Scenario)
- May (Recognizing Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Activities in Academic Promotion in Departments of Medicine: Innovative Language in Promotion Criteria)
- June (Implementation of Milestones-Based Assessment for a Safe and Effective Discharge)
- July (Factors Associated with Declining Residency Program Pass Rates on the ABIM Certification Examination)
- August (Application Inflation for Internal Medicine Applicants in the Match: Drivers, Consequences, and Potential Solutions)
- September (The Current State of US Internal Medicine Primary Care Training)
- October (Curbing the Urge to Image)
- November (The Department of Medicine in 2030: A Look Ahead)
- December (Got MEDS?: Development and Evaluation of an Interactive Module for Trainees on Reducing Patient's Drug Costs)
This Month in AAIM Perspectives
Lectures for Adult Learners: Breaking Old Habits in Graduate Medical Education by Avraham Z. Cooper, MD, and Jeremy B. Richards, MD, MA