The Alliance empowers academic internal medicine professionals and enhances health care through professional development, research, and advocacy.
Call for Volunteers: Program Planning Committees
AAIM is pleased to launch the call for volunteers for program planning committees. All current members who meet the criteria and can meet the expectations are welcome to volunteer to serve. To volunteer, please complete the brief online application, which consists of a statement of interest and previous experience. CVs/resumes are not required.
AAIM conferences are one of its greatest assets, bringing together members for education and networking opportunities. The Alliance seeks volunteers that represent the broad diversity of its membership, in terms of individual sex, race, ethnicity, and sexual orientation as well as institution size, type, patient population, and location. Read AAIM's diversity statement
All applications must be submitted online by 11:59 a.m. EDT Monday, April 16, 2018.
Nominees are required to:
- Be current members in good standing (i.e., dues have been paid for FY 2018 membership)
- Have maintained membership for at least three years
- Have attended at least two Alliance or association meetings in the last four years
- Respond promptly to requests for information and status emails; selected volunteers who do not respond to confirmation emails will lose their opportunity.to serve
Call for volunteers open
Call for volunteers close
All volunteers notified about status
All accepted volunteers confirm willingness to serve
- Be able to serve a two-year term, beginning July 1, 2018
- Abide by “Roles, Responsibilities, and Expectations for AAIM Volunteer Leaders”
- Register for and attend Academic Internal Medicine Week
- APDIM only: Register for and attend APDIM Fall Meeting
- APDIM only: Attend in-person committee meeting held in conjunction with the APDIM Fall Meeting and Academic Internal Medicine Week (immediately after conference; one night housing reimbursed)
- AIM, APM, ASP, CDIM, PA, and CA: Participate in monthly conference calls
- Suggest content ideas for committee consideration
- Be willing to contact individuals within and beyond their personal networks to invite them to speak at conferences
- Serve as session moderators
- Review proposals for conference workshops and poster abstracts
- Actively market the conferences and other educational offerings through word of mouth and email
- Understand the decisions and plans of the committee are subject to Alliance policies or approval and resourcing by the AAIM Board of Directors.
All positions are two-year terms and will begin July 1, 2018, and end June 30, 2020.