The Alliance empowers academic internal medicine professionals and enhances health care through professional development, research, and advocacy.
The Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (AAIM) is a consortium of five academically focused specialty organizations representing departments of internal medicine at medical schools and teaching hospitals. Located in Old Town Alexandria, VA we provide a supportive work environment, excellent benefits, competitive pay, and so much more! AAIM is convenient to the Blue and Yellow Metro lines.
Note: All job applicants should send résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education and Research Senior Specialist
The Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (AAIM), a consortium of five academically focused specialty organizations representing departments of internal medicine at US and Canadian medical schools and teaching hospitals, seeks an Education and Research Senior Specialist for the academic affairs team. Representing over 11,000 members, AAIM is the largest association of faculty and administrative staff serving in departments of medicine.
AAIM is located just outside Washington, DC in Old Town Alexandria, VA, and provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits, competitive pay, and so much more! AAIM is convenient to the Blue and Yellow Metro lines.
The Education and Research Senior Specialist works as part of a team to support various education and survey research activities and department administrative functions. Committees address issues in undergraduate medical education (UME) and graduate medical education (GME) in internal medicine.
- Serves as the secondary point of contact for volunteer members on project/content-related issues and curriculum development. Prepares documents, drafts agendas and meeting minutes, and compiles background materials. Schedules committee meetings and conference calls. Monitors related literature, both internally and externally, and shares information with staff and members.
- Collaborates with the Survey and Data Manager to obtain member feedback on trends in internal medicine education; assisting with data cleaning, contact management, and web survey programming and revising.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and lead multiple projects. Control the research and project timelines within the consensus committee framework.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organized, self-directed, self-motivated, detail and deadline oriented
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities in a fast-paced environment and meet critical deadlines.
- Travel up to 10 days per year to staff committee meetings.
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite required
- Quick study in learning new software suites and applications.
- Experience with statistical software or online survey tools desirable (e.g. Survey Monkey, Survey Gizmo, Key Survey, Qualtrics, etc.).
Send a résume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.