The Alliance empowers academic internal medicine professionals and enhances health care through professional development, research, and advocacy.
The Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (AAIM) is a consortium of five academically focused specialty organizations representing departments of internal medicine at medical schools and teaching hospitals. Located in Old Town Alexandria, VA we provide a supportive work environment, excellent benefits, competitive pay, and so much more! AAIM is convenient to the Blue and Yellow Metro lines.
Note: All job applicants should send résumés to email@example.com.
Committee Senior Specialist—Academic Affairs
The Committee Senior Specialist facilitates the work of assigned committees which address issues in internal medicine undergraduate medical education (UME) and graduate medical education (GME), and surveys. Provides administrative support for committee meetings and conference calls. Works collaboratively with survey suite staff. Supports the development of AAIM’s educational offerings.
- Facilitates the work of assigned volunteer groups to develop products and services (e.g., tools, position papers, summits, professional development courses) through committee work.
- Serve as staff liaison to assigned committees by preparing materials, action items, minutes, agendas and reports within the AAIM framework.
- Team supports six committees, several task forces, collaborative learning communities, and an advisory board.
- Contributes to research conducted on UME and GME issues; monitors related literature and shares information with staff and members.
- Coordinates with Survey and Data Manager to obtain member feedback on trends in internal medicine education. Presents survey results to committees and members.
- At least four years of experience managing multiple committees simultaneously in a professional or trade association or higher learning environment.
- College degree required.
- Capable of maintaining a highly professional working relationship with volunteer committee members and AAIM staff.
- Able to build relationships and work with volunteers remotely. Works closely with the committee chairs to provide guidance on the AAIM work process.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills. Self-directed, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple work activities in a fast-paced environment. Able to adapt to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to travel up to 10 days per year in order to attend meetings
- Proficiency using MS Office required.
Send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.