The Alliance empowers academic internal medicine professionals and enhances health care through professional development, research, and advocacy.
The Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (AAIM) is a consortium of five academically focused specialty organizations representing departments of internal medicine at medical schools and teaching hospitals. Located in Old Town Alexandria, VA we provide a supportive work environment, excellent benefits, competitive pay, and so much more! AAIM is convenient to the Blue and Yellow Metro lines.
Note: All job applicants should send résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What this job is about:
The Membership Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing member engagement, membership operations, and constituent relations for AAIM and its several professional groups. These services include member engagement programs and initiatives; member recruitment, enrollment, and retention; membership databases and invoicing management; customer service; membership marketing, and member benefit development.
- Manages and oversees member engagement programs and initiatives, including Ambassador Program, awards, mentoring, and member center.
- Ensures all membership activities are performed including membership invoicing, dues collection and processing applications, renewals, database development and maintenance, membership reporting, customer service, and website communication regarding membership.
- Assists Director with the annual membership dues budget projection and ongoing progress toward dues collection; and develops strategies as necessary to keep dues collection levels on track.
- Develops and oversees implementation of goals, strategies, and campaigns for new member recruitment.
- Develops and implements new and improved member benefits to provide value to members and enhance member recruitment and retention.
- Works with the Director to ensure and enhance information technology use in member services operations, such as the member databases and integration with online community.
- Supervises two specialist level membership staff
What is required for this job:
- Minimum six years of membership experience preferably in an association or non-profit environment.
- College degree required.
- Foster and build relationships within all levels of the organization.
- Organized, self-directed, detail and deadline oriented.
- Adapt quickly to new information, requirements, and priorities.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel 3- 4 days per year for the annual conference.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Proficiency using MS Office required.
- Association membership database experience required. Association Anywhere experience a plus.
What you will get out of it:
- Develop your project management, communication, and budgeting skills
- Insight into academic internal medicine
- Work with committed and dedicated professionals in a collaborative and high performing environment
- Professional development opportunities to grow your career
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, EAP, 403(b) retirement plan with a 7% contribution after one year of service, generous leave policy, onsite discounted parking, and more!
How to apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.