Even Better Together
By coming together, we identify new, relevant opportunities to learn, collaborate, and share.
AAIM Higher! is a new program for the recognition and sharing of members' recent accomplishments (within the last six months). Been recently promoted? Received an award? Published a research piece? Share this good news about yourself, or a colleague, with the Alliance!
No feat is too small or too big—this is the time to celebrate! The Alliance will place your submission in an upcoming issue of AAIM Connection, and right here on the website.Submitting your good news is easy
Questions about AAIM Higher? Contact AAIM Member Services at (703) 341-4540 or email@example.com
Congratulations to our members who AAIM Higher!:
Nora Y. Osman, MD, who was appointed as Clerkship Director in the Department of Medicine at Harvard Medical School Brigham and Women's Hospital.
Amy Sussman, MD, who was named Vice Chair for Education in the Department of Medicine at University of Arizona College of Medicine.
Augustine M.K. Choi, MD, who has been named Stephen and Suzanne Weiss Dean of Weill Cornell Medicine and Cornell University’s Provost for Medical Affairs.
Eric Mortensen, MD, who has been appointed Chief of the Division of General Internal Medicine at University of Connecticut School of Medicine.
- APM President Mary E. Klotman, MD, has been named Dean of Duke University School of Medicine and Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs at Duke University, effective July 1.
- Former APDIM Councilor Mark Levine, MD, has been named as Health Commissioner for the state of Vermont.
- Donna Holland, MD, from University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix, has been named 2016 American College of Physicians Arizona Educator of the Year for her service as medicine-pediatrics program director for almost 20 years.
- Eva Rimler, MD, won an Emory University School of Medicine 2016 Dean's Teaching Award. She was also honored with a Rising Star Award for excellence in innovative teaching and programs.
- Olga Karasik, MD, was recently promoted to Associate Program Director at University of Central Florida College of Medicine.
- Doug Walden, MD, was the first faculty member inducted into Saint Louis University School of Medicine’s Teaching Scholars program.
- Chester "Chet" Szerlag, at University of Illinois at Chicago has been named to the editorial board for Management in Healthcare, a new international journal for healthcare management.
- Susan Lane, MD, at Stony Brook University School of Medicine has been named a 2016 Leadership Fellow of the Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Society.