Even Better Together
By coming together, we identify new, relevant opportunities to learn, collaborate, and share.
AAIM Higher! is a new program for the recognition and sharing of members' recent accomplishments (within the last six months). Been recently promoted? Received an award? Published a research piece? Share this good news about yourself, or a colleague, with the Alliance!
No feat is too small or too big—this is the time to celebrate! The Alliance will place your submission in an upcoming issue of AAIM Connection, and right here on the website.Submitting your good news is easy
Questions about AAIM Higher? Contact AAIM Member Services at (703) 341-4540 or email@example.com
Congratulations to our members who AAIM Higher!
- Ole-Petter Hamnvik, MB BCh BAO, MMSc, of Harvard Medical School Brigham and Women's Hospital, was promoted to program director of the endocrinology fellowship program, effective July 1, 2017.
- Stephanie A. Call, MD, of Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, led her institution in receiving the 2017 ACGME and Gold Foundation Dewitt C. Baldwin, Jr., Award.
- Ashna Saxena, MHA, of Georgetown University School of Medicine, was named administrator of the Division of General Internal Medicine in February, 2017.
- Kyra P. Clark, MD, FACP, was appointed associate program director of the internal medicine residency program at Morehouse School of Medicine in March, 2017.
- Brian M. Aboff, MD, MMM, began serving in the role of senior associate dean for GME & DIO at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine on April 24, 2017.
- Kimberly Rize was named division administrator of general internal medicine at University of Michigan Medical School
- Robert J. Nardino, MD, FACP, was named named internal medicine residency program director at University of Connecticut School of Medicine
- Sajid Saraf, MD, was recently named program director of the internal medicine residency program at Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island/Brown University
- Aleksandra Rosinski, MD, was recently promoted to assistant program director of the internal medicine residency program at St. Vincent's Medical Center
- Dorothy Schroeder was appointed division administrator for hematology/oncology and molecular medicine and genetics at University of Michigan Medical School in January, 2017.
- Ijeoma Nnodim, MD, was promoted to associate program director of the internal medicine-pediatrics residency at Wayne State University School of Medicine in December, 2016.
- Mary Ann Garcia, MBA, became the program manager for the cardiology fellowship at Morehouse School of Medicine in January, 2017.
- Christian A. Koch, MD, PhD, FACP, FACE, Professor in the Department of Medicine at University of Mississippi Medical Center, who will receive the 2017 Master of the American College of Endocrinology (MACE) Award
- Robert L. Trowbridge Jr., MD, FACP, who recently received the ACP Herbert S. Waxman Award for Outstanding Medical Student Educator
- Congratulations to the Alliance members who became ACP Masters in 2017:
- John M. Carethers, MD, MACP (University of Michigan Medical School)
- Anne B. Curtis, MD, MACP (Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University at Buffalo)
Stephen Neil Davis, MBBS, MACP (University of Maryland School of Medicine)
Edwin W. Grimsley, MD, MACP (Mercer University School of Medicine)
James F. Hanley, MD, MACP (University of Texas Rio Grande Valley)
John E. Nestler, MD, MACP (Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine)
James R. O'Dell, MD, MACP (University of Nebraska College of Medicine)
Mukta Panda, MD, MACP (University of Tennessee College of Medicine at Chattanooga)
Michael W. Peterson, MD, MACP (University of California (San Francisco)/Fresno)
Mitchell H. Rosner, MD, MACP (University of Virginia School of Medicine)
Mone Zaidi, MD, MACP (Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai)
- Congratulations to the recipients of the 2017 ACGME Parker J. Palmer Courage to Teach Awards:
- Melvin S. Blanchard, MD, FACP, Chief of Medical Education in the Department of Internal Medicine at Washington University School of Medicine
- Jill A. Patton, DO, Program Director in the Department of Medicine at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- Richard J. Pels, MD, Program Director in the Department of Medicine at Cambridge Health Alliance
- William T. Shimeall, MD, MPH, FACP, Program Director in the Department of Medicine at National Capital Consortium
- Nora Y. Osman, MD, who was appointed as Clerkship Director in the Department of Medicine at Harvard Medical School Brigham and Women's Hospital.
- Amy Sussman, MD, who was named Vice Chair for Education in the Department of Medicine at University of Arizona College of Medicine.
- Augustine M.K. Choi, MD, who has been named Stephen and Suzanne Weiss Dean of Weill Cornell Medicine and Cornell University’s Provost for Medical Affairs.
- Eric Mortensen, MD, who has been appointed Chief of the Division of General Internal Medicine at University of Connecticut School of Medicine.
- APM President Mary E. Klotman, MD, has been named Dean of Duke University School of Medicine and Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs at Duke University, effective July 1.
- Former APDIM Councilor Mark Levine, MD, has been named as Health Commissioner for the state of Vermont.
- Donna Holland, MD, from University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix, has been named 2016 American College of Physicians Arizona Educator of the Year for her service as medicine-pediatrics program director for almost 20 years.
- Eva Rimler, MD, won an Emory University School of Medicine 2016 Dean's Teaching Award. She was also honored with a Rising Star Award for excellence in innovative teaching and programs.
- Olga Karasik, MD, was recently promoted to Associate Program Director at University of Central Florida College of Medicine.
- Doug Walden, MD, was the first faculty member inducted into Saint Louis University School of Medicine’s Teaching Scholars program.
- Chester "Chet" Szerlag, at University of Illinois at Chicago has been named to the editorial board for Management in Healthcare, a new international journal for health care management.
- Susan Lane, MD, at Stony Brook University School of Medicine has been named a 2016 Leadership Fellow of the Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Society.