Even Better Together.
Our strength in numbers has impact and influence on legislative decision makers and partnering organizations.
AAIM Wellness Committee
The AAIM Wellness Committee is charged to identify, build, collect, and promulgate resources and tools that advance supporting wellness of faculty, staff, and learners.
Current committee projects as of September, 2017:
- The committee work groups are working on the following initiatives:
- Wellness at AAIM conferences – currently seeking a chair to lead the 2018 Academic Internal Medicine Week wellness activities.
- Culture in institutions – collaborating with CHARM on a learning module focused on minimizing stigma and barriers for health professionals in seeking mental health care, “Caregivers caring for each other: Normalizing the need to seek mental health care.”
- Administrator and staff wellness – developing a summary from survey to various institutions on staff and administrator wellness initiatives; creating best practices from the data; a new chair needs to be identified.
- Journal watch – developing a plan to manage the upkeep of CHARM annotated bibliography; charged with providing current literature to membership.
- Members of the committee are collaborating with AAIM Family Leave Paper Writing Group on a paper and a workshop at 2018 Academic Internal Medicine Week.
For more information about serving on an AAIM committee, please contact the AAIM office at (703) 341-4540 or email@example.com.
Chair: Gopal Yadavalli, MD
Todd D. Barton, MD
Rakhee Bhayani, MD
Edward R. Bollard, MD
Shobhina G. Chheda, MD (CDIM liaison)
Amanda Clark, MD
Benjamin Davis, MD (ASP liaison)
Catherine Derber, MD
Joan C. Faro, MD
Leanne Forman, MD
Masada (Musty) Habhab
Charin Hanlon, MD
David F. Jacobson, MD
Jennifer Jeremiah, MD
Michael Lukela, MD
Erin N. Maxwell
Francis McBee-Orzulak, MD
Allen Mead (AIM liaison)
Wasique Mirza, MD
J. Paul O'Keefe, MD
Robert I. Pargament, MD
Mariah Quinn, MD
Mark R. Rosenberg, MD
Jason S. Schneider, MD
Darby Sider, MD
Glen D. Solomon, MD (APM liaison)