Even Better Together.
Our strength in numbers has impact and influence on legislative decision makers and partnering organizations.
AAIM Subspecialty Summit on NRMP's "All In" Policy
On October 11, 2015, AAIM convened all subspecialties so they could learn from one another in a forum of open discussion with no preconceived end results. A key attribute of this summit is that each subspecialty society have representation at the meeting.
The topic of this summit is the subspecialty match and in particular the pros and cons of NRMP's “all in” policy. We will also discuss the proposed uniform start date for subspecialty fellows. Those in attendance are expected to represent their specialty interests, participate openly in the discussion(s) and to disseminate the outcomes of the summit to their stakeholders.
Summit report (PDF)
- Facilitate a robust discussion with all the internal medicine subspecialties of National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) All-In policy and its effect on subspecialty programs. The purpose is to understand others position and learn from one another. There is no preconceived outcome to this discussion.
- Understand the pros and cons of the all-in policy and implications for the fellowship programs.
- Discuss the experiences of the subspecialties on the NRMP match including issues with matched trainees and unmatched positions.
- Determine a framework of consensus (if there is one) on a policy and determine next step/s.
- Begin the framework for discussion of the uniform fellowship start date.
American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
American College of Cardiology
American College of Chest Physicians
American Gastroenterological Association
American College of Gastroenterology
American Geriatrics Society
American Society of Clinical Oncology
American Society of Hematology
American Society of Nephrology
Infectious Diseases Society of America
The Endocrine Society
American Academy of Sleep Medicine
American College of Rheumatology
American Thoracic Society
Society of Critical Care Medicine
American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology
Program Directors Associations:
Association of Program Directors in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism
Association of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Program Directors
Association of Directors of Geriatric Academic Programs
Medicine-Pediatrics Program Directors Association
Organization of Program Director Associations/Consortium of Neurology Program Directors
American Association of Medical Colleges
American Board of Internal Medicine
American College of Physicians
Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education
Electronic Residency Application Service
National Resident Matching Program
Residency Review Committee for Internal Medicine
Society of General Internal Medicine/Association of Chiefs & Leaders in General Internal Medicine
Contact the AAIM Staff at (703) 341-4540 for more information.
D. Craig Brater, MD, co chair
Mark Geraci, MD, co chair
Joshua Safer, MD, co chair
Nancy Day Adams, MD
Steven Barczi, MD
Margaret Breida, AAIM staff
Nancy Delanoche, AAIM staff
John Flaherty, MD
Aidan Long, MD
Abraham Thomas, MD
ASN Transition to All In Match
By Raymond Harris, MD
Uniform Start Date
By Elaine Muchmore, MD