Even Better Together
By coming together, we identify new, relevant opportunities to learn, collaborate, and share.
CDIM Louis N. Pangaro, MD Educational Program Development Award Description and Criteria
About the Award
The CDIM Educational Program Development Award recognizes a CDIM member who has contributed to the development of an outstanding educational program. The award is presented at the CDIM National Meeting, which is held in conjunction with Academic Internal Medicine Week.
The candidate must:
- Be a CDIM member in good standing.
- Have demonstrated active involvement in the development of an outstanding educational program.
- Be nominated by a current AAIM charter association member.
Nominations must be submitted online.
Self-nominations are accepted for this award.
A nomination packet must include:
- A completed nomination form.
- One nomination letter summarizing the program, project, or work deserving of an award. Nominations may include appropriate supporting documentation, such as a detailed description of curricular innovations, evaluations of curricular designs, funded grant applications, publications, and abstracts.
- The nominee’s resume or curriculum vitae.
Educational Program Topics
Educational program topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Curriculum development.
- Ambulatory educational programs.
- Inpatient educational programs.
- Community medicine education.
- Evaluation techniques.
- Development in administration of educational programs.
- Self-directed learning.
- Professional development for faculty or residents.
- Computer-based education.
- Evidence-based medicine education.
- Physical examination education during the internal medicine clerkship.
- Professional attitudes and behavior.
The CDIM Nominating Committee will review completed nominations and recommend a recipient to the CDIM Council for final approval. All nominations will be considered for the year they are nominated as well as the following two years.
For more information regarding the CDIM Louis N. Pangaro, MD, Educational Program Development Award, please contact AAIM Member Services at (703) 341-4540 or email@example.com.