Even Better Together
By coming together, we identify new, relevant opportunities to learn, collaborate, and share.
CDIM Charles H. Griffith, III, MD, Educational Research Award Description and Criteria
About the Award
The CDIM Educational Research Award recognizes a CDIM member who has contributed greatly to educational research. The award is presented at the CDIM National Meeting, which is held in conjunction with Academic Internal Medicine Week.
The candidate must:
- Be a CDIM member in good standing.
- Have demonstrated outstanding contributions to educational research.
- Be nominated by a current AAIM charter association member.
Self-nominations are accepted for this award.
A nomination packet must include:
- A completed nomination form.
- One nomination letter summarizing the program, project, or work deserving of an award. Nominations may include appropriate supporting documentation, such as a detailed description of curricular innovations, evaluations of curricular designs, funded grant applications, publications, and abstracts.
- The nominee’s resume or curriculum vitae.
Educational Research Topics
Educational research topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Curriculum development.
- Ambulatory educational programs.
- Inpatient educational programs.
- Community medicine education.
- Evaluation techniques.
- Development in administration of educational programs.
- Professional attitudes and behavior.
- Professional development for faculty or residents.
- Computer-based education.
- Evidence-based medicine education.
- Physical examination education during the internal medicine clerkship.
- Self-directed learning.
The CDIM Nominating Committee will review completed nominations and recommend a recipient to the CDIM Council for final approval. All nominations will be considered for the year they are nominated as well as the following two years.
For more information regarding the CDIM Charles H. Griffith, III, MD, Educational Research Award, please contact AAIM™ Member Services at (703) 341-4540 or firstname.lastname@example.org.