"Teaching Teachers to Teach"
Thursday, October 3, 2013
- This precourse is designed to provide a teaching framework for medical educators who are looking to advance their teaching skills. As a collaborative effort between the Clerkship Directors of Internal Medicine (CDIM) and the Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine (APDIM), the course will focus on techniques appropriate for both the undergraduate and the post-graduate level, with an interactive and instructive experience led by experienced faculty. The course will include expert led plenaries, small group interactive discussions of cases, and practical tools in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
Upon completion of the precourse, participants will be able to:
- Identify formal educational theories behind adult learning, and how they apply in the clinical setting.
- Develop strategies for making clinical reasoning and diagnostic errors explicit for learners.
- Obtain practical strategies to encourage self-directed learning amongst learners at different levels of medical knowledge and training.
- Learn how to keep the patient at the center of teaching, with practical tips on bedside teaching.
- Be inspired to teach future teachers.
This precourse is designed for medical educators involved in undergraduate and graduate clinical medical education.
Online Registration Opens Soon!